A Cooperative And Supportive Process
Collaborative Divorce pulls the divorce out of the court system and surrounds the family with a supportive team of trained professionals. Each party has a lawyer and a coach (mental health professional) who work together to assist the couple in resolving the conflict, using specially developed techniques rather than adversarial strategies and litigation. The team, which might also include a financial or child specialist, creates an environment that allows the couple to be less defensive, so that they can work together, respect each others feelings, and act in the best interests of entire family – especially the children.
A Different Way To Divorce
Collaborative Divorce is an alternative to traditional litigation. You will be not going to court. You and your spouse will keep control of the decisions, rather than giving them up to a judge.
Collaborative Divorce is based on these principles:
- A pledge to reach an out-of-court resolution and prevent a court battle
- An honest exchange of information by both spouses
- Respectful communication
- Solutions that takes into account the highest priorities of both adults and their children
- A supportive process that is safe, sensible, constructive, and mutual
- A goal of less stress, lower costs, and happier kids
Collaborative Divorce is a way for you to resolve disputes and divorce respectfully – without going to court.
Click Here for a comprehensive brochure on Collaborative Divorce