Planning Today Means Peace Of Mind Tomorrow
Everyone needs an estate plan. To be sure that your assets are distributed according to your wishes, to avoid family disputes, and to be sure your children are cared for by those you choose – you need an estate plan. Working together we’ll create a customized plan that will assure that your intentions are carried out, minimize or eliminate probate, address the tax issues, and make it easier on your family when you become unable to care for yourself or pass away.
I can help you address these questions:
- Can I pass my wealth on to my loved ones without an expensive probate?
- Do I need a will? Should I update my existing one?
- Is a living trust right for me?
- What taxes might my heirs have to pay?
- Who will care for my children if they lose both their parents?
Demystifying Estate Planning
The task of estate planning can seem daunting and complicated – it’s easy to procrastinate. My goal is to simplify the process and ensure that you have the estate planning documents you need. To do that I explain the estate planning process, making it uncomplicated, quick, and cost effective, so you can be sure your intentions for your family, your assets and your end of life care are carried out.
Tailored To Your Goals And Values
We will create an estate plan that is right for your situation and family. I translate the legalese, so that you understand what we are doing and why. After a full discussion of your needs and goals, your estate plan might include any or all of these documents:
- Will or Codicil (changes to an existing Will)
- Living Trust (also known as Revocable or Family Trust)
- Power of Attorney for Asset Management (to handle your affairs if you become unable to do so)
- Advance Health Care Directive (to be sure you are cared for as you wish to be)
When appropriate we will discuss income and estate tax planning strategies as well.
Contact me to discuss a personalized estate plan to accomplish your goals.